Job Title: General Manager
Develop business plans and manage the day-to-day operations of the franchise including marketing and the technical and administrative supervision of employees. Forecast short-and-long range goals. Ensure the business is properly staffed with qualified employees that will maintain the technical and service quality standards of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Establish and set sales goals by market segment. Develop a business plan, both short and long range, to generate prospective customer inquiries sufficient to meet projected sales goals. Develop a reporting system that will track sales on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
2. Review the office staff’s daily work schedule and ensure the office support is available and ready to assist the field crews.
3. Provide technical and administrative training for employees in a classroom setting and on-the-job to maintain a high level of service that continually meets or exceeds company and customer quality standards.
4. Define the work load and determine the need for additional employees. Develop and maintain job descriptions used for recruiting new employees. Recruit new employees consistent with current and anticipated applicable federal, state and local statutes and regulations.
5. Develop and maintain technical and administrative policies by which the franchise is operated. Assure all policies meet the requirements of the federal, state and local statutes and regulations and the company.
6. Manage the financial operations to ensure the franchise is profitable, customers are correctly billed and the cash flow exceeds the payroll and operating expenses of the franchise. Calculate an equitable employee pay structure to ensure profitable operations.
7. Develop and execute marketing goals and strategies to build the franchise and develop and expand customer base.
8. Oversee the work force to ensure compliance with company policies, assess work performance, administer the compensation plan and motivate, coach and discipline employees as required.
9. Ensure the employees comply with all of the federal, state and local statutes and regulations for vehicle operations, customer and employee relations, chemical safety and applicable OSHA and EPA regulations.
10. Perform other duties as required. This may include performing the duties of field and office personnel on an as needed basis.
Manage 3 to 5 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of two employees in Field Service Crews. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and discipline employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have and maintain a valid vehicle operator’s license appropriate to the equipment operated.
1. Must be able to communicate effectively with employees and customers.
2. Must have mid-level computer skills and be familiar with Windows operating
systems, spread sheets, email and word processing.
3. Functional understanding of PDA’s (smart phones) is essential. Aptitude for
learning new technology and software easily is essential.
4. Proficient in the use of Xactimate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk or sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
At Rainbow International® Restoration we’re helping families out when disaster strikes, turning their damaged houses back into homes. Our franchisees are looking for qualified people seeking to do what it takes to restore the customers property. Does the sound of that excite you? Then seeking a career with an independently owned and operated Rainbow International® franchise might be the place for you. Because for our family, this isn’t just a job, it’s a calling.
Rainbow International LLC is the franchisor of the Rainbow International Restoration® franchised system. Each Rainbow International Restoration® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, Rainbow International LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. Rainbow International LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent Rainbow International Restoration® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither Rainbow International LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. Rainbow International LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)