| Job Title: | Water Damage Field Technician | Status: | Non-Exempt | Department/Group: | Operations | Travel Required: | No
| Position Reports to: | Operations Manager | Position Type: | Full-Time | Salaried/Hourly: | Hourly |
Assist in retaining customers by fulfilling the company’s obligations through the delivery of water mitigation and restoration services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Consistently follow Rainbow International’s 17 Steps of World Class Customer Service
· Effectively perform all water damage mitigation and restoration services the company offers
· Communicate timely and effectively with customers
· Perform basic equipment maintenance
· Perform basic vehicle maintenance
· Properly document water mitigation files
· Inspect completed work
· Complete technician’s daily log
· Complete Work Orders
· Complete appropriate restoration documentation
· Follow Rainbow uniform policy
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintain appearance and stock of appropriate tools, materials, and supplies for company vehicles
· Maintain inventory of related supplies
Decision Rights and Authority
· Determine the sequence of steps to be taken when delivering the company’s services at the customer’s property
Working Relationships and Scope
· Maintain timely and effective communication and flow of information with Lead Technicians, Supervisors, or Managers
· Oral Communication – Speaks clearly. Shows respect when addressing customers and superiors. Able to effectively respond to excited customers. Adaptable and able to think on his/her feet.
· Written Communication – Writes clear and accurate job notes and emails. The individual is able to read and interpret written information. Uses appropriate vocabulary and grammar.
· Planning and Organizing – Plans and organizes work activities considering the nature of the job at hand. Focuses on key priorities. Pays attention to details.
· Technical – Is appropriately trained and/or certified and effectively performs all production work within the water mitigation division.
· Quality – The individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors his/her own work to ensure quality.
Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
·Education and Experience
High school diploma (or GED).
Adequate math skills - Ability to apply learned techniques to determine appropriate equipment type and number of units.
Demonstrates basic proficiency in the use of computers, email, and portable devices used to report and record daily activity. Understand and become proficient in the use of software systems (e.g. Fusion, MICA, Moisture Mapper)
·Basic Construction Skills preferred
·Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
Certifications not required prior to hire but will be required within 12 months from hire date – IICRC
Contents Processing Technician (CPT), Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician (FSRT), or Odor Control
Technician (OCT) helpful.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
·The work of this position is predominantly carried out on the customer’s property. Employee will encounter facilities where standing water and sewage are present, heat is unavailable due to lack of utilities, fire damage has occurred, and mold or other organic growth exists. Daily exposure to the shop where vehicles and equipment are housed and maintained is typical.
·Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
EMPLOYEE POSITION ACKNOWLEDGMENT
I have read and understand the duties and responsibilities of my position as Water Damage Service Professional.
I have been provided with a copy of the company’s Position Description for this job.
I understand that I am responsible for carrying out the responsibilities defined in the attached Position Description and am expected to follow any additional job-related instructions, and to perform additional job-related duties as requested by my supervisor.