Business Development Associate
Rainbow International Restoration, Orange County CA
Established in 1981, Rainbow International® offers residential and commercial restoration and carpet cleaning services through over 400 locations worldwide. We are on a mission to improve the lives of not only our customers, but also our employee family members. Rainbow International hires people who set high standards for themselves and want to "Live RICH" with a team that values Respect, Integrity, with Customer focus, while Having fun in the process. We want you on our team!
Establish contact with individuals and organizations for the purpose of arranging scheduled meetings and developing relationships with decision-makers that will lead to commitment of referrals to customers in need of our restoration services. Help retain existing customers and referral sources through ongoing phone and in-person contact.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify potential new customers and referral sources
- Create and maintain sales route records
- Perform sales calls resulting in scheduled meetings with target referral prospects
- Gain commitment from customers leading to referrals of those in need of restoration services
- Complete weekly and monthly sales reports in a timely manner
- Attend weekly sales meetings
- Maintain phone and in-person contact with existing customers
- Maintain customer contact database
- Make group presentations to prospect organizations (e.g. Continuing Education (CE) classes)
- Consistent, effective involvement in trade, community, and networking organizations, and participate in networking activities and events
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of marketing materials
- Assist Owner/General Manager with annual marketing budget
Decision Rights and Authority
- Entertainment spending within approved budget
- Plan sales calls, meetings, presentations, and event participation
- Relationship Development – Effectively builds professional relationships and networks. Brings value to referral sources and prospects and maintains appropriate level of contact.
- Integrity – Ironclad. Does not cut corners. Puts the company’s interests above self. Earns trust of co-workers and customers. Intellectually honest.
- Oral Communication – The individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Effective in one-on-one and small group situations. Adaptable and able to think on his/her feet.
- Written Communication – Writes clear, precise, well-organized letters, proposals, and emails. The individual edits work for spelling and grammar and is able to read and interpret written information. Uses appropriate vocabulary and grammar.
- Planning and Organizing – Plans, organizes, and schedules his/her time in an efficient and productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Discipline and Follow-up-Demonstrates a disciplined approach to sales. Strong on follow-up and follow-through. Leverages time effectively to obtain the best return on their efforts. Accustomed to working from sales plans and reports.
- Dependability – The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Aggressive – Constantly on the lookout for new contacts and sales opportunities. Studies and applies new sales techniques and technology.
- Technology – the individual uses typical communication devices to effectively speed communication and appropriately utilizes company-approved customer contact management (CRM), standard word processing, spreadsheet, and PowerPoint software tools to enhance efficiency and accuracy of work performed.
Preferred Skills, Experience & Requirements
- A minimum two years of progressively responsible business-to-business sales experience
- Experience with sales and marketing within the service sector
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to build and present client and solution/value-based proposals
- Local knowledge and contacts in one or more market segments preferred
- Coachable, trainable, and have a good personality
- Ability to successfully complete a background check subject to applicable law
- Be Drug Free and Committed to Staying Drug Free
- Valid Driver’s License without a major violation
Rainbow International Restoration is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. Salary includes base plus commission.
At Rainbow International® Restoration we’re helping families out when disaster strikes, turning their damaged houses back into homes. Our franchisees are looking for qualified people seeking to do what it takes to restore the customers property. Does the sound of that excite you? Then seeking a career with an independently owned and operated Rainbow International® franchise might be the place for you. Because for our family, this isn’t just a job, it’s a calling.
Rainbow International LLC is the franchisor of the Rainbow International Restoration® franchised system. Each Rainbow International Restoration® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, Rainbow International LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. Rainbow International LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent Rainbow International Restoration® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither Rainbow International LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. Rainbow International LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)