We are looking for a responsible custodian to clean and maintain a condo facility on Saturday and Sunday for 4 hours each day. The external and internal appearance of a building reflects on the occupants. It is important for a custodian, or janitor to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning and tidying the premises, as well as preventing vandalism.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodian role focused on building upkeep. They will have great physical endurance to cover a large space. A keen eye for detail and diligence are also imperative in custodial maintenance jobs.
Here are some of the responsibilities for this position.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
Rainbow International LLC is the franchisor of the Rainbow International Restoration® franchised system. Each Rainbow International Restoration® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, Rainbow International LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent Rainbow International Restoration® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither Rainbow International LLC nor its affiliates (“Franchisor”) have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. I further acknowledge that I will not be working on Rainbow International LLC’s premises, performing a specialty job on a production line and I may refuse to do work for the Franchisor or work for others. Rainbow International LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
Rainbow International Restoration of Beltsville
Established in 1981, Rainbow International is a global franchise organization dedicated to providing residential and commercial restoration and cleaning services. Recognized by Entrepreneur Magazine among its "Franchise 500,"Rainbow International franchisees offer a broad range of damage restoration services from over 330 locations around the world. The new Rapid Structural Drying Network of Rainbow International has established a network of elite water loss mitigation franchises across the United States. Rainbow International is a subsidiary of Dwyer Group®, a company that specializes in service-based franchises.
Improve your life with a career that sets the standard.
Rainbow International® is on a mission to improve the lives of not only our customers, but also our employee family members. Could that be you? If you are interested in joining a growth-minded organization that lives its Code of Values, see if we have a career opportunity that's right for you.
Rainbow International hires people who set high standards for themselves and want to "Live RICH" with a team that values Respect, Integrity, with Customer focus, while Having fun in the process. We want you on our team!
Company Website: www.rainbowintl.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)