Lead Technician Position Description
Reports to: Production / Operations Manager
Position Summary / Purpose
Assist in retaining customers by fulfilling the company’s obligations through the timely and effective delivery of our cleaning, repairing and restoration services.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively perform all services the company offers (e.g. Carpet, tile and upholstery cleaning, deodorizing, emergency water extraction and drying of structure, fire damage and contents restoration)
- Communicate effectively with customers
- Perform basic equipment maintenance
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance
- Supervise technicians in performance of company services
- Provide training for technicians on company procedures, reporting and performing services
- Inspect completed work
- Complete technician’s daily logs
- Complete Work Orders
- Complete appropriate restoration documentation
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain inventory of cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Perform basic building maintenance
Decision Rights and Authority
- Determine the sequence of steps to be taken when delivering the company’s services at the customer’s property
- Assign specific tasks to technicians within a work crew
Working Relationships and Scope
- Maintain timely and effective communication and flow of information with management
- Collect all necessary documentation and work authorizations from prospective customers
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Able to effectively calm excited customers, uses questioning to accurately identify the type and extent of issue and describes the steps that will be taken. Adaptable and able to think on his/her feet.
- Written Communication – Writes clear and accurate job notes and emails. The individual is able to read and interpret written information. Uses appropriate vocabulary and grammar.
- Planning & Organizing – Plans and organizes work activities considering the capabilities and strengths of technicians and laborers. Focuses on key priorities. Effectively manages multiple tasks simultaneously. Pays attention to details.
- Technical – Is appropriately trained and/or certified and effectively performs all production work within the company or assigned division.
- Quality – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors his / her own work, as well as that of the other crew members, to ensure quality.
- Technology – Regularly uses standard word processing, spreadsheet and job management software tools and available hardware to report job activities and create required documentation including photos of job sites.
- Cleanliness – Ability to maintain cleanliness and safety standards established by the company for the warehouse and jobsite.
Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Education and Experience
High school (or GED) diploma plus two (2) to four (4) years of industry experience.
- Mathematical skills
Adequate math skills. Ability to compute percentages and to verify the reasonableness of estimates, financial data and reports within the context of information provided.
- Computer skills
Demonstrates basic proficiency in the use of computers and computer software, especially MS Word, Excel and applicable job management software.
- Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Certification in performing appropriate services, e.g. Carpet Maintenance, Water Mitigation, Mold, etc.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The work of this position is predominantly carried out on the customer’s property. Employee will encounter facilities where standing water and sewage are present, heat is unavailable due to lack of utilities, fire damage has occurred and mold or other organic growth exists. Daily exposure to the shop where vehicles and equipment are housed and maintained is typical.
Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
At Rainbow International® Restoration we’re helping families out when disaster strikes, turning their damaged houses back into homes. Our franchisees are looking for qualified people seeking to do what it takes to restore the customers property. Does the sound of that excite you? Then seeking a career with an independently owned and operated Rainbow International® franchise might be the place for you. Because for our family, this isn’t just a job, it’s a calling.
Rainbow International LLC is the franchisor of the Rainbow International Restoration® franchised system. Each Rainbow International Restoration® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, Rainbow International LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. Rainbow International LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent Rainbow International Restoration® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither Rainbow International LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. Rainbow International LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)