Position Summary / Purpose
Execute the timely, accurate and profitable estimation of property losses. Help close and retain customers by promptly responding to requests for estimates on property damage, effectively communicating the organization’s capabilities while maintaining the highest levels of customer care
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
* Coordinate estimates and communicate with subcontractors
* Create accurate and profitable job estimates
* Prepare written proposals
* Develop list of materials and equipment needed for projects
* Obtain pricing for materials
* Obtain bids from subcontractors
* Completed estimates will be forwarded to the customer within four (4) business days of the property inspection
* Communicate with customers
* Maintain project files
* Attend customer-related functions. Network with customers to help generate new business
* Build and maintain relationships with claims adjusters and contractors
* Close business – obtain customer commitment
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop and maintain resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors and government requirements
* All expenditures for job-related materials will be accounted for in the project file
* Attend departmental and company meetings as required
* Inform immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or compute database
Decision Rights and Authority
* Determine project scope and estimated cost for restoration jobs
* Close jobs by obtaining customer agreement to the defined project scope and cost
Working Relationships and Scope
* All adjustments, modifications and corrections will be evidenced in writing and maintained in good order. They will be presented to the manager for review.
* Estimates that exceed $
will be brought to the manager for review prior to presentation to the customer.
* Only company-approved vendors and subcontractors will be used.
* Customer Service - The individual responds promptly to customer’s needs, effectively explains processes and equipment that will be used, solicits customer feedback to improve service, gains customer approval through signed Work Authorization and maintains confidentiality.
* Oral Communication – the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
* Written Communication – the individual edits work for spelling and grammar and is able to read and interpret written information.
* Planning & Organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
* Quality – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors his / her own work to ensure quality.
* Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
* Dependability – the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
* Safety and Security – the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
* Technology – the individual uses typical communication devices to effectively speed communication and appropriately utilizes company-approved estimating, customer contact management and standard word processing and spreadsheet software tools to enhance efficiency and accuracy of work performed.
Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or one to 12 months of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Language skills
Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Write simple correspondence. Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees.
* Mathematical skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentages and to draw and interpret property sketches and graphs.
* Reasoning ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding and to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Deal with problems involving multiple concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Computer skills
Intermediate capability in using word processing software, spreadsheet software, email systems and the internet.
* Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Estimator’s work is initiated by a site assessment of the damaged property. Employee will encounter facilities where standing water and sewage are present, heat is unavailable due to lack of utilities, fire damage has occurred and mold or other organic growth exists.
* Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
At Rainbow International® Restoration we’re helping families out when disaster strikes, turning their damaged houses back into homes. Our franchisees are looking for qualified people seeking to do what it takes to restore the customers property. Does the sound of that excite you? Then seeking a career with an independently owned and operated Rainbow International® franchise might be the place for you. Because for our family, this isn’t just a job, it’s a calling.
Rainbow International LLC is the franchisor of the Rainbow International Restoration® franchised system. Each Rainbow International Restoration® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, Rainbow International LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. Rainbow International LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent Rainbow International Restoration® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither Rainbow International LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. Rainbow International LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)